Friday, December 5, 2008

Patch Test


Addison went back to the Allergist yesterday and had the patch removed. They looked at her back to determine what food reactions there were. The big scab is where the garlic was and burned her skin and made a sore. So for sure no garlic. The other ones that were irritated were: almonds, beef, turkey, and cinnamon. We went back again today to have them look again and all but the garlic ( of course), almonds and the cinnamon were better. We go back again next Tuesday for the final look and the results. Last time she had this done wheat, potatoes, corn, etc. showed up. So we are hopeful that since these didn't show up this time we may be able to add some back in slowly. I guess we will find out on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Moira-Lin said...

Poor Addie! It would be great if she could add some foods back in. I can't imagine just eating rice noodles and fruit. Not to many people can say that they have worn a full meal on their back!! Oh, and tell her "NICE TAN!"

Angie said...

Oh wow. Poor Addie... what a trooper. I've always wondered how exactly they do food allergy testing... so THANK YOU for sharing. I'm anxious to see what the final results will be.

Grandma Carla said...

Addison, when I was tested I found out I was allergic to cow hair and a certain kind of grass. The doctor said that my owning a cow farm was definitely OUT! I only pray yours turns out as limiting as mine. I haven't missed that cow farm one bit! I love you.