Monday, November 24, 2008

D.I.

Have you ever gotten a phone call from DI (Deseret Industry's) telling you they have some of your stuff? Well it happened awhile ago when we were moving, a box got taken to DI with some legal papers by mistake. They called us and Clint went down and picked it up. How embarrassing. Since then I have been pretty careful to go through stuff before I take it there. Well I guess Clint found a box of books the other day and decided to drop it off at DI. How helpful!! Well, today guess who called me? DI. This lady called and asked if someone had just dropped some stuff off to DI. I said I didn't, but maybe my husband did. She asked me if there was a M'Liss Inman that lived here. I said that's me. She then let me know they had a journal and P-blessing that had my name on it and that I could come down and pick them up. OK how mortifying!!! So not only has DI seen my legal papers they have now read my journal from when I was 17 years old. Who knows what kind of stuff is in there. Now I have to go down there and see this lady that has seen my private feeling from when I was too young to know any better.
Just a lesson out there for all of you that take stuff to DI for donation. Just be sure to go through everything you take because you really don't want people at DI reading your things that you thought no one else would ever see.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

*giggle*
Oh My Goodness!
That's so funny! I never would have thought! I bet you thought they assumed it was you because they had you on speed-dial! :)
Good reminder to all of us!

Grandma Carla said...

All 4 years of my high school annuals got taken there accidently! I only got my freshman year back. I'm sure ours aren't the worse things they have found. Maybe next time it will be a stash of money you forgot you had!!!!

Moira-Lin said...

Oh my goodness. Well it was nice of them to take time to track you down, and I doubt that she read your journal...at least not the whole thing.

nancy said...

What is DI?

Amy said...

Wow! Thank goodness it was DI and an honest person who found it! If it had been any other thrift store who knows where your personal stuff might have ended up?

Angie said...

Okay that is the funniest thing ever! SO glad they've called you both times to return your things though.