Sunday, January 25, 2009

I thought that my Hysterectomy was hard. Don't get me wrong it was, but this last week I have taken care of someone who's was even harder. This last week Bella was spayed. I knew it was going to be hard but I had no idea how hard it was going to be. Clint dropped her off the morning of and when the Vet checked Bella out she realized that two of Bella's baby teeth had not fallen out and her two new teeth had already grown in. So she was not only spayed but also had two teeth pulled. We also had her micro chipped. Addison and I got to pick her up when she was all done later that day. It was horrible. She kept dry heaving and drooling everywhere. We were really concerned about her. She had to wear a cone because she would not leave her incision alone. The cone was so big she could not reach her food or water. I cut her cone down so it was a little more manageable for such a little dog. My sister Marni decorated it with some vinyl polka dots. Thankfully the next day she was a little bit better. Then the next day I was showing my mom her incision and commenting on how high it looked and my mom asked me, " What's that?" I looked and there was a huge gross sore on her side. So I take her back to the Vet the next day and they think the clippers burned her when they were shaving her hair off to spay her. I had not know it was there and that she could reach the sore with her back feet and had made it pretty bad. So now not only does she have to wear a cone on her head I also have to bandage up her sore. If you even go near the sore with neosporin or anything she just cries. So I have to hold her down to take care of it. I am glad to say she is up and playing around and seems to be feeling better. So as hard as my Hysterectomy was I am grateful that: 1. I did not have to wear a cone and 2. That my feet didn't reach my gut because I probably would have been scratching and bugging my incision also.

3 comments:

Marni said...

I think it would be so funny to see you in a cone! It would make a great blog story! :) Poor baby Bella! She has been through H.E. double toothpicks! She is such a trooper! As for you M'Liss... hang in there. Addison's "stuff" will get figured out, Bella will heal, Rudy will get potty trained. Then your life will be normal again! LOL!

Melissa said...

Awww. Poor Bella! Its tough being female!

Angie said...

I don't know... I wouldn't mind wearing a cone as pretty as that. What a good Aunt Marni is to Bella! But poooooor thing... I usually side closer with Cruella Deville, but not in this instance... Bella is honestly a cute dog! I like the tiny ones!