Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our New Addition

This last week we had a new addition to our family. His name is Rudy. We found him through the Chihuahua Rescue program. His is such a sweet little guy. We are hoping he will be a good friend for Bella. She has become a little too possessive and serious. So far he has her playing and not being the boss anymore. She follows his lead and enjoys spending time with him. He is a year and a half old. He has one leg that he cannot use. So he walks on three legs. He can run, jump, and do anything else a regular dog can do. His only problem with me is he is not potty trained. I thought he was because he was living with a foster family for the last while and the lady said she never had a problem with it. We are diligently working on that. It's no fun to wake up in the middle of the night to diarrhea all over the house. One night of that and I learned my lesson. He is now sleeping in his crate until he masters potty training. He is still spraying in the house and yard even though he is neutered. I am hoping that is just because Bella's scent is everywhere. He just takes careful watching, but is worth the trouble.

2 comments:

Marni said...

He is a sweet little dog! I still think you are a little bit crazy for adding another dog into the mix...but he is seeming to work out for you! I still think you should have named him Tres! :)

Grandma Carla said...

You are sooooo funny. I tried to picture you wearing the cone, but it was just too horrible! Now, the scratching with your foot...too funny to even think about!